Changes to the 2017 Summer Camp
You may or may not know, but Benner Township is in the midst of constructing a new municipal building. Most of the existing facilities will be torn down. With that being said, there is simply too much going on this summer at the Township facilities to safely hold camp at that location. Our only two remaining options is to hold camp at the Buffalo Run Community Park or cancel Summer Camp all together for this summer. Not wanting to cancel, we have opted for the Buffalo Run Commuity Park option. What will be different?
1. Inclement weather will close camp. There is less protection from rain and no protection during thunder storms. Cancellations will not be rescheduled. Refunds for days of camp not held will not be given.
2. Due to no access to public water, there will be no water days. Please make sure you child brings extra water to drink.
3. Lakemont Park is also closed this summer for renovations, so we will not be visiting there this summer.
4. Drop-off times on field trip days will change to 8:30 a.m. No one will be added to the trip roster after 9:00 a.m. Trip roster will be faxed at that time! NO changes will be made.
5. All activities and field trip are subject to change.
We know this is an inconvience, but we think that we will still have an awesome summer filled with lots of fun. Your cooperation and understanding is greatly appreciated.
2017 Summer Park and Rec will be held from June 26th until August 4th. Camp is for children that will be 5 by June 1st and no older than 12 by June 1. Camp entrance fees this year are $35 per child for Benner Township residents and $125 per child for non-residents. Camp registration forms can be downloaded by clicking here 2017 Regristration Forms .
Camp Handbook is available by clicking here. 2017 Summer Camp Handbook
If you don’t have the ability to print, you may pick up materials at the Township builidng or you can call 355-1419 and we will mail you one.